The previous tutorial explained how to change Yahoo Mail password for the all-new Yahoo Mail; in this tutorial, we will show you how to change your Yahoo Mail password for the "Classic" version of the webmail service ("Yahoo Mail Classic"). This will affect not only your email account, but also any other online services you have that use Yahoo! credentials for authentication (like Flickr, among others). If you are using a beta version of the service, see how to change password for Yahoo Mail Beta 2010/2011.
Tip: if you forgot how to login, see how you can reset your Yahoo password!
How do I change my Yahoo Mail Classic password?
Here are the steps to follow to reset and update your Yahoo Mail Classic password:
- First, you will need to login to your Yahoo Mail email account, as you usually do, using your existing (current) password. Once you are signed in, click on your name in the top left corner of the window, on the left of the Sign out link. When you move your mouse pointer (cursor) above your user name, a dropdown menu will appear: click on "Account Info".
- Yahoo will redirect you to the "Please verify your password" screen: this is a security measure designed to prevent someone else from changing your password in case you accidentally left your emails on screen after stepping away from your computer. Enter your current Yahoo Mail Classic password, and click on the "Sign in" button.
- The next screen that loads is the exact same as the All-New Yahoo Mail, called "Account Info" - this is where you can edit all kinds of settings related to your profile and credentials.
- Under the "Sign in and security" header, click on the "Change your password" link:
- The "Change your Yahoo! password" page will now load: it contains three text fields. Although you just entered your current password to access the previous screen, Yahoo doesn't leave anything to chance. Before you can finally change your email account password, you will need to confirm one last time your current password:
- After supplying your current Yahoo Mail password, enter the new password you want to use inside "Choose a New Password" and re-type it inside the next field to make sure that there are no typos (important since you cannot see the text you are typing inside a password field). Then, click on the "Save" button to accept the new password and apply the change.
- Within a couple of seconds, you will receive a "Yahoo! Password Changed" confirmation screen, which reads "You have successfully chosen a new Password".
- Click on the "Continue" button, and you will be brought back to the "Account Information" screen we came from. You can then click on the "Mail" icon in the top right corner of the page to return to your Yahoo Mail inbox and email messages.
Tip: just remember that when you change your Yahoo Mail Classic password, it affects your entire Yahoo! profile, including other services. Also, the new password change is effective immediately, on all computers you are using to connect to any of the online services provided by Yahoo! Our Yahoo Mail Tutorial will give you all the details you ever hoped to learn about the second most popular email service.
Tutorial last updated on September 15, 2012
Copyright © 2016 How Do I Change My Password
, All Rights Reserved. • Legal Disclaimer
- Ask a QuestionThe names of brands and companies mentioned on this website own the copyright or trademark to these and possibly other terms mentioned. No warranty expressed or implied;
use our website resources at your own risk, and use common sense when dealing with online security - never share your user name and password or publish them online.