If you have a bank account with Wells Fargo, you had to pick a user name and password the first time you decided to enable online banking. From that point on, you always enter the same user name and password when you want to check your account balance online. And, unlike some other credit card and banking / financial services, Wells Fargo tends to be pretty laid back when it comes to changing your account password for online access (we've seen a reminder to change our password perhaps once or twice in over 10 years!). But it is a good idea to regularly change your Wells Fargo password, especially if you have checked your account from an unfamiliar computer (something we don't recommend!)
How do I change my Wells Fargo password? (For your account on wellsfargo.com)
Here are the simple steps you need to follow to change your Wells Fargo account password:
- Once you have signed in to your Wells Fargo account, the "Accounts" tab (leftmost) will be automatically selected; in that same line of tabs, click on "Account Services" as shown below:
- Within a second or so, Wells Fargo will load a page filled with links separated in sections; this screen contains most of the settings and options you can customize for your profile.
- Locate the "My Profile" section (second in the left column), and click on the "Change Password" link it contains (second link in the listing, at the time of this writing).
- The Wells Fargo "Change Password" screen will open, and include three separate text fields; the first one ("Current Password"), is a standard security measure: by asking to confirm your current password, Wells Fargo avoids the case where you left your computer unattended, and someone else comes in and tries to change your password.
- Then, carefully type the password you want to change to inside the "Enter New Password" text field; for confirmation purposes, do it also in the next field ("Re-enter New Password").
- Note that Wells Fargo requires that you change your password to one that is at least 6 characters long, but no more than 14 characters in length. And, unlike other sites, it forces you to pick a new password that contains at least one letter or number (this is because passwords with mixed letters, numbers, and even special characters, are much harder to guess).
- Once you have filled in all this information, it is time to change your password: click on the "Submit" button, and Wells Fargo will apply the new setting right away. In other words, you can start using (and must) your new password immediately, from this computer and any other computer from which you check your account balance or online PDF bank statements.
This is all it takes to change your Wells Fargo password! Now that you know how easily you can do it, we recommend that you change it now and then, especially if you occasionally have to check your bank account from desktop computers or laptops that are not your own (something we don't advise!)
Copyright © 2015 How Do I Change My Password
, All Rights Reserved. • Legal Disclaimer
- Ask a QuestionThe names of brands and companies mentioned on this website own the copyright or trademark to these and possibly other terms mentioned. No warranty expressed or implied;
use our website resources at your own risk, and use common sense when dealing with online security - never share your user name and password or publish them online.